Field day completed, thank you volunteers
Glencoe Youth Baseball will officially be having a season inside of Westside/JBO baseball. What that will look like is finally starting to take form, this is what the current plan is.
In short, it will look and feel like it does most years. There will be Federal, American, and National skilled levels at Senior, Junior, and Minor level. Here are some additional details on what Westside/JBO baseball decided on (and follows State of Oregon’s Youth Sports regulations and guidelines) is that:
- Regular Season will start the week of May 17th. (Practices will start well before that)
- There will be divisions of 4-6 teams to create limited contact between teams, player environment, and minimize travel.
- All teams to play 2 games per week at the same facility vs. the same opponent (to follow the OHA “7 Day” rotating week guideline.
- 10 to 14 game regular season, with the season ending on or around the week of July 5th.
- There will be Westside playoffs, but no State JBO playoffs (against the Clackamas or Valley regions of JBO)
- Teams will be formed according to JBO rules (Minors will be select 2nd Graders, all 3rd and 4th Graders, Juniors will be 5th and 6th Graders, Seniors will be 7th and 8th Graders)
- Teams may still sign up for tournaments outside of JBO league play.
We continue to please ask for patience and flexibility as we work to have a spring season for the kids in the best form we can.
Pre-K through 2nd grade we offer recreational levels of play. Their respective seasons run from the beginning to mid-April through about the time school ends in June. *Registration for these levels is open until April 1st.
3rd through 8th grade participate in evaluations and are placed accordingly on competitive level (there are three different levels at each age group with the lowest (National) being much less of a commitment for families) teams which play within the Junior Baseball Organization (JBO). *The season runs through July.
Fall Baseball runs from mid-August through October.